OpenSUSE project, funded by Novell has announced release of 12.1 version of OpenSUSE linux distro and is available for download at http://en.opensuse.org/12.1. Like many recently released Linux distros, OpenSUSE concentrates a lot on cloud computing and appealing UI.
Feature list of OpenSUSE 12.1:
- Linux kernel 3.1
- KDE 4.7 plasma desktop is the default workspace with KolorManager and Oyranos color management tools, Gnome 3.2 included
- Firefox 7 is the default browser while Chromium 17 is added to repositories
- WebYaST remote system management tool for servers
- OwnCloud web services built into the OS. OpenSUSE Virtualization and Cloud repository offers latest versions of Eucalyptus, OpenNebula and OpenStack
- Snapper application to make use of snapshot functionality in btrfs (file system) to provide version control.
- Pentium* III 500 MHz or higher processor (Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or higher or any AMD64 or Intel* EM64T processor recommended)
- Main memory: 512 MB physical RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Hard disk: 3 GB available disk space (more recommended)
- Sound and graphics cards: supports most modern sound and graphics cards, 800 x 600 display resolution (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- Booting from CD/DVD drive or USB-Stick for installation, or support for booting over network (you need to setup PXE by yourself, look also at Network install) or an existing installation of openSUSE, more information at Installation without CD