- Designed to meet the security, performance and scalability requirements of cloud-based deployments allowing customers to run their most demanding enterprise applications in private, hybrid, or public clouds
- First fully virtualized operating system (OS), Oracle Solaris 11 provides comprehensive, built-in virtualization capabilities for OS
- Comprehensive management across the entire infrastructure
- Oracle Solaris ZFS provides the data and storage management foundation for Oracle Solaris 11
- Oracle Solaris 11 delivers "secure by default" features
- Oracle Solaris and Oracle software applications are designed together, tested together, can be deployed together and supported together, upto 10x better app performance
- The latest release of Oracle Solaris is engineered to provide cloud-scale life cycle management with secure, fail-safe boot environments, safe roll-backs, 4x faster upgrades and 2.5x faster system re-boots and is leveraging the power of Oracle Solaris ZFS.
- Oracle Solaris 11, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center and Oracle VM software are included as part of systems support with all of Oracle's Sun servers, providing customers with built-in cloud capabilities.
- New Oracle Solaris 11 Training is available to help customers and partners
You can find more information on Solaris 11 here