Android-x86 is open source project to run Android on PC. Guess what, these folks have already ported ICS. The current build, Build 20120101 is test build based on 4.0.3 version of Android and has the following key features:
- Kernel 3.0.8 with KMS enabled. Most tablets/netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration for AMD Radeon and Intel chipsets. However, if you have trouble with it, you can disable it by adding HWACCEL=0 to the cmdline.
- Support Wifi, multitouch and audio.
- Experimental support of Renderscript.
- Hybrid mode of iso images.
- A new text based GUI installer which supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems.
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted on plugging.
- Compressed filesystem (squashfs).
Known issues are:
- Camera doesn't work.
- Ethernet not working.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
Source code of this build is available at http://git.android-x86.org/ and at SourceForge (git://android-x86.git.sf.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest.git)
The following laptops/tablets are tested by this community:
- ASUS Eee PCs/Laptops
- Viewsonic Viewpad 10
- Dell Inspiron Mini Duo
- Samsung Q1U
- Viliv S5
- Lenovo ThinkPad x61 Tablet
Following are the features in latest stable build:
- Kernel 18.104.22.168, KMS enable
- Wifi support with GUI
- Ethernet configuration GUI
- Better disk installer
- Power Suspend/resume (S3 mode)
- Battery Status
- Software mouse cursor
- Mouse wheel
- Support netbook native resolution
- Audio (ALSA)
- V4l2 Camera support
- External monitor support
- External storage auto mount support
- Support external keyboard
- Debug mode with busybox
Go to this link to find device specific ISOs.