Linus Torvalds has announced the official availability of Linux version 3.2. Here's the list of features added to 3.2:
- Ext4: Support for bigger block sizes
- Btrfs: Faster scrubbing, automatic backup of tree roots, detailed corruption messages, manual inspection of metadata
- Process bandwith controller
- New architecture: Hexagon
- Thin provisioning and recursive snapshots in the Device Mapper
- I/O-less dirty throttling, reduce filesystem writeback from page reclaim
- TCP Proportional Rate Reduction
- Improved live profiling tool "perf top"
- Cross memory attach
Driver and architecture-specific changes can be found here.
For full list of changes, head here