And hell, it looks awesome and has already turned Droid lovers in other places green with envy. Looks like a geeks arena, ain't it? This greenified place is called 'Androidland', opened by Telstra and Google at the heart of Melbourne (246 Bourke street). So, what can you do at this 154 square feet area?
- Board the Android spaceship – An interactive spaceship zone allows visitors to pilot the Google Earth app on the giant screen and fly across the world; play Angry Birds on a big interactive screen; and create an Android avatar that can be printed or shared.
- Have fun in the play zone – Visitors can sit under a pixel tree and play with live devices; try their luck on an Android skill tester and clown machine and flick through a virtual library of Google Books.
- Get expert advice – Android experts, specially trained by Google, will be on hand to help customers set up their Google accounts, recommend popular Android Market™ apps, answer questions and to help customise device homescreens.
- Get hands on with the latest Android devices – Visitors will be able to try out a wide range of working Android smartphone and tablets.
- Window shop like never before – Customers will be able to interact with a massive 24 x 9 metre window display that features an augmented reality game challenging visitors to catch Android robots drifting in a virtual snowfall.
- Weekday opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8am - 6pm and Friday 8am - 9pm
- Weekend opening hours: Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 10am - 6pm
To see more photos of this store, head to this flickr photostream.
“From the moment customers walk through the doors of Androidland they’ll be transported into an immersive retail environment that’s as much about having fun as it is about researching your next phone.” said Mr. Bray, Executive Director, Telstra Mobile
Right now, this new Androidland is a temporary installation and based on customer feedback, Telstra will expand these stores to other parts of the country.